The MiniMetro®: ground-breaking mobility at the heart of towns and airports
APMs are automatic shuttle systems that are either on the ground or on a viaduct. Genuine intermodal transportation solutions, APMs can connect an airport terminal, a car park or a railway station etc.
Made up of several wagons, APM trains travel along installations that differ according to the configuration of the terrain :
- On "air cushions" (Air Levitation). This is cutting-edge innovation from the Group which produces little vibration and no bearing noise therefore providing passengers with optimum comfort
- On metal rails and wheels
- On tyres positioned on concrete or metallic beams
Hauled by rope, the shuttles are operated from a control center and they arrive at the station thanks to a fully automatic sequence.
The MiniMetro® is sustainable and easily integrated therefore providing the urban transportation industry with a large number of advantages :
- Congestion-free traffic for optimal comfort
- Silent movement with significant transport capacity
- Optimal energy efficiency and lower staff costs
- An economic installation with high availability rates
MiniMetro®, a worldwide hit !
- Automated People Mover MiniMetro®, "Terminal-Shuttle"- Cairo Airport (Egypt)
- Automated People Mover MiniMetro®, "Skymetro" - Zurich Airport (Switzerland)
- Automated People Mover MiniMetro®, Detroit Airport (USA)
- Automated People Mover MiniMetro®, Oeiras (Portugal)
The MiniMetro® in figures
- Transport capacity reaching 8,000 people/hour
- Passenger capacity of wagons from 60 to 120 people
- Transport speed reaching 14 metres / second.