In cities all over the world, POMA is making ropeway transportation the traffic management solution for ever-growing urban populations. Connecting suburbs to the city center. Flying over rivers without building a bridge. Connecting airport terminals. POMA is helping people travel in unique, sustainable ways.
POMA. Experience plus avant-garde vision
We are a customer-focused company, bringing unrivalled expertise to develop the cities of tomorrow. Our durable transport solutions connects neighbourhoods, and cross over obstacles and rough terrain. POMA — pioneering inventor in ropeway transportation — has been innovating in the urban sector since 1964:
- 1964: first AirTram in Notre-Dame d’Afrique, Algiers (Algeria)
- 1984: aerial tram installed in New Orleans (U.S.A.)
- 1989: Automated People Mover (APM) created in Laon (France)
- 2001: the first Automated People Mover produced using the innovative, ultra-silent technology called "Poma Air Levitation"
- 2004: the first gondola lift integrated to the intermodal public transportation network installed in Medellin (Colombia)
- 2006 and 2007: gondola lift installed in Taipei Maokong (Taiwan) and Nizhny Novgorod Bor (Russia)
Problems linked to mobility have increased in urban areas and transportation have become a priority in today's society. The international success of our installations sets us at the forefront of environmentally efficient ropeway transportation solutions, on the ground and in the air, all over the world.
State-of-the-art technology. Fly over any obstacle
On the ground and in the air, POMA LANDWAY and POMA AIRWAY solutions are efficient additions to any public transportation network.
POMA LANDWAY solutions are designed to develop systems over short and medium distances. They ensure high transport capacity and perfect comfort.
POMA AIRWAY solutions are designed for significant vertical rises and provide a unique advantage. They are ideal for even the most complex urban jungles and for heavy passenger flow.
POMA solutions can be developed individually or in addition to existing transportation networks. They integrate easily into the urban web of multi-modal networks.
Here are a few of our most impressive installations from all over the world
- Complexo de Alemao gondola lift – Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
- Sacré-Cœur funicular railway –Montmartre, Paris (France)
- Automated People Mover, MiniMétro® - Zurich (Switzerland)
- Automated People Mover, MiniMétro® - Detroit (USA)
- Automated People Mover, MiniMétro® - Cairo (Egypt)
- Inclined lift - Langres (France)
- Dos Guindais funicular railway - Porto (Portugal)
- Roosevelt Island tram - New York City (USA)
- Metro Cable gondola lift, J line - Medellin (Colombia)
- Yeosu Gondola lift - Yeosu (South Korea)
- Sustainable and durable solutions
- Rapid installation and Controlled budget.
- Innovative solutions from design to maintenance
- Support and assistance during project design
- Commitment and Availability
- Customer-focus and Expertise