POMA opened a Brazilian subsidiary in March 2013 in the city of Rio de Janeiro, a megalopolis with 6 million inhabitants. POMA’s Brazilian establishment represents the vision and commitment of the Group: being out in the field, close to our customers and local inhabitants to better understand their culture, natural surroundings and their social, economic and political life.
Constructions that serve the people
Recognized for our expertise and know-how, Poma do Brasil has already worked on major constructions in different sectors:
- The renovation of the Sugarloaf Mountain aerial ropeway at the entrance to the Guanabara Bay (tourism).
- The construction of the Complexo do Alemão urban gondola lift (urban).
This is a true technological feat that uses 6 stations with 157 cabins. This urban gondola lift opens access to 5 peripheral Rio de Janeiro suburbs and connects them to the railway network.
- A major innovation in transportation system intermodality, this is a world premiere!
A leader in material-handling transportation installations
- The AngloGold ore aerial ropeway
- The Rio Branco (Votorantim) limestone aerial ropeway
- The Apiai-SP (Camargo Correa Intercement) limestone aerial ropeway
- The FlyingBelt (suspended conveyor) for limestone at Barroso-MG (Holcim)
POMA do Brasil uses has become the professional reference for material-handling transportation. We use local representatives, both public and private, to meet the grand expectations that this country has to develop ropeway transportation solutions (aerial trams, Automatic People Movers® and industrial ropeways).
POMA do Brasil's daily commitment
- Customer-focused & Expertise
- Long-term social and economic responsibility
- Commitment and Availability
Avenida Rio Branco N°99 Andar 7
Rio de Janeiro JR
Tel : +55 11 97525 3207